Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Together with Joshna!


 




















Today we met our daughter for the first time!!!  She was a bit overwhelmed, as were we, having rushed from the airport to make it in time right before dinner and bedtime.  She is very quiet and reserved. When asked a description of her personality, they immediately described her as "moody!"  Jackie (Chip's mom) immediately responded, "Oh good...she'll fit in with the rest of the family!"  That about sums it up in a nutshell.  We are all exhausted and moody right now (especially in this heat, with no regular meals or sleep), and we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow at the orphanage and as we return to some hotel (the one tonight is fully booked tomorrow). Please pray for rest for all of us and a peaceful transition.  We will update more details later.  Thanks again for all of the kind words of support and the prayers right now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Betsy & Joshna,
    I wish I could encourage you in the Lord today on the first anniversary of your meeting one another. You recently encouraged me when I read your blog about monsoon season, and the pespective of most Indian farmers is bring on the rain! Its a blessing because it brings growth for the entire season.
    I met you once at the school when I was just starting out, and told you how thoughtful Joshna is of other kids. And its true there is some compassion she already shows at her young age. I dont want you to forget what I said. My first day I spent there I saw her quietly listening and if she saw a need she jumped into action to get something (she ran to get the twins lunch boxes and handed them to their dad!) for them or just hug them(she went to hug some kids goodbye at pickup time). It was outstanding and unique just to Joshna out of the whole group. I just had to let u know! Joshna is truly going to be and already is a beautifully spirited person. God has blessed you.
    Lots of Love,
    Christina

    ReplyDelete