Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Brilliant Light in the Midst of Darkness!

When I first heard Joshna's name (the Indian spelling of her name is Jyotsna), my first reaction was to search the meaning.  Unfortunately, I was unable to find an accurate description.  From what I could tell, I came to the conclusion that it was just the name of one of the Hindu goddesses.  I wrote a previous blog about my disappointment in not knowing the meaning...thankfully...because an Indian friend read the blog (thank you, Sonar!).  He inquired with his family to find the meaning of the name--a light.  But they said it is not just any light...it is a brilliant light in the midst of extreme darkness.  Wow!  What a sweet reference to the grace of God!  Such an incredible gift...this name of hers!  Little does our precious girl know the significance of her name when we use it to draw her into our family.  This one little piece of information came at such a needed moment as we wait.  It reminds me to keep my focus on Him, not on my own hopes and plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment