Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, March 28, 2011

How is your weight?


A friend recently asked me, "How's your weight?"  "My weight?!?!?  Well, I have gained a few pounds.  Why do you ask?"  She replied, "Oh no!  No, not your weight!  Your wait!  How is the wait on the adoption going?"  I started thinking...how is my wait?  Am I filled with fear and distress, or am I filled with hope and confidence, trusting that God will complete His plan for us?  So much time has passed that I have begun to let doubt enter my thoughts.  Today and tomorrow mark the 3 1/2 year mark from the date we submitted our first round of paperwork and Joshna's 3 1/2 year birthday.  How many adoptions have I seen started and completed by others during this time?  Do I believe He is using this time to prepare Joshna and to prepare us?  Am I trusting that God truly is in control and has ordained a special time frame just for us?  Unfortunately, no.  Thankfully, God gives us grace....and He will give us Grace (Joshna's middle name)!  When my stepmother replied to an email requesting prayer for the adoption, she replied saying, "Thanking God in advance for the great things He will do!"  Wow!  When I think of that it gives me goosebumps.  God is doing great things and will continue to do great things!  Unfortunately, I have chosen to be blind to that at times.  He hears our prayers and is faithful to complete his work, despite our failure to trust Him.  So now when someone asks, "How's your wait?", I want to be able to respond that it is going well...that I am trusting God alone as His plan unfolds.

We do thank each of you for your prayers for Joshna's adoption into our family, and we look forward to the day we can send out updated news on how God has been at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment