Lilypie

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

WANTED!...Seriously?!?!?!

Okay, fifth time's a charm!  Yes, we have now been fingerprinted on five separate occasions in order to bring home a little girl from India!  I know we seem "iffy" to some...but seriously!  Why can't the valuable time of government officials be spent doing more to be an advocate with the Chennai courts on our behalf to speed up the process to bring Joshna home...instead of taking our ever-changing fingerprints one more time (HA!)?  It has now been over one year since we first heard about our daughter, this specific child who has become so dear in our hearts despite never having met.  One year!  How have we spent that year?  Going to places all over the county to have our fingerprints taken again and again!  I am all for being safe when it comes to children being adopted internationally.  It is crucial to find safe, loving families for each one.  The amount of fingerprinting we have undergone, however, borders on harrassment.  We are officially registered with the Davidson County Police Department, Metro Nashville Public Schools, the Department of Homeland Security, the Federal Bureau of Inves-tigation, and the United States Citizen and Immigration Services.  Needless to say, we cannot even consider going back to the Bonnie and Clyde lifestyle that we once knew!  In case you are sensing my frustration over the delays, the repetitive paperwork and the multiple figer-printing sessions, you are correct.  I try to have a small degree of patience when it comes to the adoption.  After all, adopting internationally is not for the faint of heart. I am reaching my boiling point, however, and am as determined as wildfire to bring my daughter home!!!  Kindness and understanding have been my choice of attitude thus far.  Unfortunately, this is quickly changing with every day we wait to hear any little piece of information.  We need your prayers.  I personally need the grace to face each day.  My heart is hurting.  I grieve over every day not spent with our child.  She needs to be home.  Please pray for this to happen soon and for the ability to live each day to the fullest in the meantime.  It has now been two months since our approval from CARA.  Pray that our case would come before the Scrutiny Hearing soon and be referred on to the judge quickly.  Please pray for our family to travel to India before the end of the school year.  If this is not the plan for us, pray that our hearts would desire what God wants.  If I don't receive news soon, you all may just see me on a "WANTED!" poster when I go give everyone a piece of my mind...hee hee!

1 comment:

  1. you got it sista! You all amaze me daily at how gracefully you have walked this very exhaustipating path. I am in awe! I love you and hope that you know when you cant carry it anymore I will! Use my shoulders anytime day or night.
    PS- Let me do all the bonnie and clyde business, you always get caught or feel so bad you tell! (wink, wink!)
    xoxoxox
    proud lil'sis

    ReplyDelete